Protecting your personal information is taken very seriously.
As part of providing person-centred services, personal information from clients, prospective clients, and event attendees will be collected and recorded. Only information that is relevant to their current situation will be collected and recorded. This information is a necessary part of the assessment and continuity of treatment that is conducted. Clients and event attendees may access the material recorded upon request, subject to the exception in National Privacy Principle 6.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The matter will be attended to with the utmost urgency.
1. What personal information is collected?
The types of personal information collected include (and are not exclusive to):
– Email Addresses
– Phone Numbers
2. How is this information used?
This information is used to communicate directly with you and to tailor the services offered by butterfly affect to your needs and your goals.
3. Confidentiality during the provision of counselling
All personal information gathered during the provision of counselling services will remain confidential and secure except when:
– It is subpoenaed by a court; or
– Failure to disclose the information would place you and another person at risk; or
– Your prior approval has been obtained to: (i) provide a written report to another professional or agency, e.g. a GP or a lawyer; or (ii) discuss the material with another person, e.g. a parent, employer or supervisor*.
*Professional supervision is a formal arrangement whereby a counsellor can discuss personal (where appropriate and impacts on work), professional/clinical, business and industry work related issues with a professional supervisor. The role of the supervisor is to support, guide and educate the counsellor. The counsellor’s clients’ identity are protected in the sense that only first names of clients are used and client information treated with utmost confidentiality.
3. How is this personal information collected?
The most common methods of information collection is, information provided via:
– the online enquiry form.
– contact or registration forms completed at events
– forms completed during the first counselling session or meeting
4. How secure is my personal information
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, please be assured appropriate physical and electronic procedures are in place to safeguard and secure the information collected online and elsewhere.
5. Online Advertising
Because of the increasing pressure’s of life, there is more need than ever before for counselling services and education around mental health issues. To ensure that as many people as possible are able to access to the services offered by butterfly affect, I use a range of offline and online advertising platforms, such as events, workshops and social media.